San Diego Green Hotel - Sustainability in ActionWith the ultimate goal of a healthier planet, our downtown hotel proudly does its part to encourage sustainable business practices and eco-friendly lifestyle choices. Recognized as environmentally friendly by numerous organizations, our green hotel in San Diego makes it easy for guests to live consciously with sustainable travel options. From natural cleaning supplies and motion sensor lights to recycling bins and free valet service for hybrid cars, our sustainable hotel in San Diego is committed to creating a better world.
San Diego Sustainable Hotel Recognitions
- The Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown was awarded a 3 out of 5 "leaf" rating by iStay Green
- Named Energy Champion by SDG&E in 2010
- Competed as one of only 14 commercial properties in the EPA National Building
"Biggest Loser" competition
Green Practices at Our Hotel
- Recycling receptacles are provided in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and common areas.
- Employees at our hotel come to work using public transportation.
- Digital thermostats with passive motion sensors have been placed in each hotel room and suite, turning off the air conditioning when guests leave the room.
- We encourage our guests to reuse linens and towels whenever possible. This helps us to cut down on water usage.
- Any guests arriving in electric or hybrid cars receive free valet service.
- Vanity sinks in guest bathrooms are outfitted with water savings restrictors, reducing water flow from 2.5 GPM to 1.25 GPM (while maintaining pressure).
- Our housekeeping staff uses green laundry detergent and cleaning supplies.
- Our employees and management chair monthly Green Team meetings.
- Motion sensors have been placed in the back-of-house corridors, storage rooms and fire stairwells to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
- Any old linens, furnishings, and unclaimed lost and found items are donated to a local shelter for
- In our restaurant, all to-go material, including coffee cups, food containers, straws, and utensils are made out of bio-degradable or recyclable materials.
- Any leftover breads, pastries and fruit are donated to Rachel's Womens' Shelter, a local homeless shelter for women.
- Our green hotel in San Diego celebrates Earth Day, Public Transport/Car Pool Day and Earth Hour. For these celebrations we offer our guest special room packages.